Category: AAFPO Board
The Association of Angel Fire Property Owners board of directors elects Curtis Jones as President.
AAFPO By Laws limit officers of the board to 3 consecutive terms. Jones has already reached the term limit but is elected.
When one of the new board members points out this violation of the by laws, the board ignores it.
As a result any contracts entered into by the current board are illegal!
One wonders why the current board members so willingly and blatantly break the law !!!Read More
1. The AAFPO Board regrets the recent resignation of two of its 9 members; Curtis Jones, President, and Martha Lassetter, Secretary. Martha and Curtis have served the membership well and we on the Board are grateful for their hard work and commitment to improving our Resort amenities and securing a quality of life that is unmatched in “fun factor” and value!
2. As AAFPO Board Vice-President, Karen Nichols has assumed the duties of the President until such time that the remaining Board of Directors can identify and select two AAFPO members in good standing to serve out the term of these vacancies. Selection of resignation replacements does not require a vote of the General Membership.
3. Once the full 9-member Board is restored, designated Officer positions will be elected; these include President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. While only the President and Secretary positions are currently vacant, the Board may elect to those positions a current officer, which would require the Board to also elect someone to fill any vacant position created by that action. This may also result in the need to reassign the duties of one or more of the remaining Director positions, of which there are five. The Board is working to restore the full 9-member Board before the next regularly-scheduled Special Meeting, October 11, 2006.
4. To the membership at large Ms Nichols wants you to know “Your Board is able to continue their duties on your behalf. They are working together to clarify governing documents and to select replacements for these two vacancies”.
5. The Board could use help from the general membership. If you are an AAFPO member in good standing (membership dues paid in full) and are willing to serve on the Board, or know of someone who is, please contact any member of the Board or Karen Nichols at 505-377-1469.
Acting President, AAFPO BoardRead More
The Association of Angel Fire Property Owners (AAFPO) board of directors elections are held annually in June.
Your participation in these elections is very important for the following reasons, please vote:
- A reasonable turnover of officers on the board assures the general membership of fresh ideas.
- Reduces the workload on board members and officers that have already graciously volunteered their valuable time.
- To legally represent the general membership on certain issues and obligations, a quorum of votes are required.
Any member in good standing (membership dues paid current) are encouraged to serve as board members. Board of directors membership should not fall on any one demographic group. If the interest of all Angel Fire Resort property owners is to be fairly represented then it vital board members comprise a diverse owner demographic. Please consider running for a board position!
The next election scheduled for June 4, 2007 will be to fill 4 board member vacancies.
Any member in good standing may petition for candidacy by obtaining signatures of ten other members in good standing. Please contact any member of the Membership Committee for assistance or clarification with obtaining Petition signatures. A petition form may be obtained online at the AAFPO website www.aafpo.org or by requesting a copy from the Resort membership office at 505-377-4260.
Petitions, with a brief bio, must be received by the AAFPO Elections Committee by April 1, 2007.
AAFPO is charged with the responsibility of overseeing the relationship between the Resort and the Angel Fire Property Owners. AAFPO protects your property rights, your use of amenity rights and your property values. AAFPO is an all volunteer organization made up of fellow property owners as elected to the AAFPO Board of Directors by all other Angel Fire Property Owners in good standing at the Annual Meeting each June.
Assure your interest in the planning and maintenance of Resort amenities by voting and serving on the board. You may vote online here. Ballots will be emailed to all members that have their email address on file. Members that have not provided an email address will be mailed hard copy ballots.
PLEASE VOTE !!!Read More
To all members,
Mr. & Mrs. Soon to be Retired USAFRead More
The AAFPO Board Members elections are almost upon us. There are six nominees for the four open positions.Read More
Any member in good standing may petition for candidacy by obtaining signatures of ten other members in good standing. Please contact any member of the Membership Committee for assistance with or clarification on obtaining Petition signatures. A petition form may be obtained online at the AAFPO website www.aafpo.org or by requesting a copy from the Resort membership office at 505-377-4260.Read More
Latest Angel Fire News
- Balloons Over Angel Fire 2003Balloons over Angel Fire is a fun, high altitude, […]
- A Time To Kneel – Written by Ted NugentTake a little trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a […]
- Spring Window CleaningIt is about that time of year again, weather is in the […]
- Tree Thinning Kills People and Poisons the Atmosphere
Carbon sequestration, air quality, and climate change[…]
- Open Letter to Angel Fire Village Council and Wildfire Committee
A web search for Angel Fire Wildfire Protection Plan brings up Angel Fire's CWPP which is filled with alarming images and text declaring Vail Loop and other large parts of the Village as Very High Fire Hazard.[…]